COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Kaytran may collect personal information in connection with your use or purchase of Kaytran’s products and services, including at the Stores or through your use of the Sites, which may include information provided in connection with the following activities:
– registering or filling in forms on the Sites or in the Stores. This includes information you may provide when you request additional information about Kaytran’s products and services or sign up to receive Kaytran’s e-mail newsletters or coupons;
– completing a profile or uploading goals to the Sites;
– purchasing any product or service from Kaytran, whether at a Store or through the Sites;
– providing design or product feedback or making other submissions to Kaytran;
– requesting information or assistance from Kaytran. Kaytran may also keep a copy of any communications or correspondence you may send to it, including any e-mail communications;
– participating or responding to consumer survey or requests for consumer’s opinions, concerns, and preferences regarding Kaytran’s products and services;
– participating in consumer contests, sweepstakes and other promotions; or
– using other features of the Sites that may be offered from time to time, and may require such information in order to utilize the feature.
The personal information that Kaytran may collect may include your name, username, password, email address, age, date of birth, gender, address, telephone number, credit card and debit card numbers (with expiration dates), personal preferences, and any other personal information that you choose to include in your profile, your submissions of your goals to Kaytran, or in other communications to Kaytran. You represent and warrant that you have the right and authority or have obtained all necessary consents to provide any information, including any personal information of another individual, that is provided by you to Kaytran.
Like many websites, Kaytran may use “cookies” to maintain a record of your visit to the Sites. A cookie is a small text file that is transferred by a web server and stored on the hard drive of your computer. It can only be read by the server that sent it to you. This information does not identify you personally and you remain anonymous unless you have otherwise provided Kaytran with personal information. Cookies help Kaytran to improve the Sites and to deliver more personalized service by enabling Kaytran to estimate audience size and usage patterns; to store information about your preferences; to speed up your searches and to recognize you when you return to the Sites. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you would prefer to prevent your computer from accepting Kaytran’s cookies, you may follow your Internet browser’s steps for doing so. Please note, however, that if you do disable cookies from your browser, you may not be able to access certain sections of the Sites.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy and facilitate the appropriate use of information, Kaytran may from time to time use physical, technological and administrative procedures to protect the personal information that Kaytran collects that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information.
Nevertheless, Internet transmissions are never completely private or secure. You understand that any messages or information you send to the Sites may be read or intercepted by others. If you have any questions about the security of personal information collected by Kaytran, please contact: email@example.com You should also be aware that certain aspects of the Sites are not confidential and are available for public viewing. For example, other users of the Sites will be able to view your profile and goals that are publically available. Any submissions that you may post to any publicly available blogs or other publicly available features of the Sites are not confidential and may be viewed by other users of the Sites. By making personal information publicly available where the Sites allow you to do so, you consent to such publication by Kaytran or its service providers and agents. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for additional provisions relating to user submissions that may apply to you.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Upon Kaytran’s collection of your personal information, Kaytran may use such personal information internally, separately or in combination with pre-existing information, for the following purposes:
- to develop, enhance, market, sell or otherwise provide information, products or services;
- to establish and conduct commercial relationships, including to process purchases or other transactions and to conduct or administer other transactions that you may engage in with Kaytran including at the Stores, on or through the Sites;
- to conduct or administer contests, sweepstakes or other promotions in which you have participated;
- to contact you and to respond to any communications that you may have had with us;
- to troubleshoot problems with the Sites;
- to customize your experience or homepage on the Sites;
- to develop and manage Kaytran’s business and operations;
- to detect and protect Kaytran and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with Kaytran’s policies and contractual obligations;
- to engage in business transactions, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving Kaytran;
- as permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; or
- for any other purpose to which you consent.
Personal information collected by Kaytran may be stored and processed in Canada. While in another jurisdiction for processing, the information may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement, and national security authorities of that jurisdiction.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Kaytran may disclose your personal information to its subsidiaries or affiliates and to third parties whom Kaytran hires to provide services on Kaytran’s behalf, including, but not limited to, support services, website services, delivering promotional materials, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions, and answering customer questions about Kaytran’s products and services. Kaytran will only provide those third parties with the personal information that they need to deliver the services to Kaytran and/or on Kaytran’s behalf. In the event that Kaytran is involved in a business transaction, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving Kaytran, your personal information and any other information Kaytran may have collected through may be transferred to another party in connection with such transaction. Kaytran may also disclose your personal information to legal, financial, insurance, or other advisors in connection with such business transaction or management of all or part of Kaytran’s business or operations; as consented to by you from time to time, including to fulfill any other purposes that are identified when the personal information is collected; or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information that you provide will be retained by Kaytran in accordance with applicable laws.
Kaytran recognizes the privacy interests of children and Kaytran encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. The Sites are not intended for children under the age of 13. Kaytran does not target its services or the Sites to children under 13. Kaytran does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
CHOICE AND OPT-OUT PREFERENCES
Kaytran does not collect your personal information unless you choose to provide it. If, at any time, you prefer not to receive further email communications from Kaytran (except in connection with information, products or services that you specificaly request), you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by means of a link provided in every broadcast e-mail that is sent to you by Kaytran. If, at any time, you prefer not to receive any other form of communication from Kaytran, you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications.
Upon your written request, subject to certain exceptions, Kaytran will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and give you access to that information. Requests for access should be sent in writing through email to firstname.lastname@example.org
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS